As per the World Health Organisation, every year 6 trillion cigarettes are consumed worldwide killing approximately 7 million people. About half of these cigarettes are burned in the Western Pacific, 1/5 in Europe, and every 10th cigarette in America. However, nobody can beat Chinese smokers, who are responsible for nearly 44% of the cigarettes lit globally.
In the not so distant past, a Chinese pharmacist by the name of Hon Lik began working on the idea of the modern e-cig as an alternative to conventional combustible smoking. His intention was to make a device focused on improved health and harm reduction since he was a former chain smoker. Eventually, his experimentation resulted in the ENDS: electronic nicotine delivery system.
ENDS now include e-cigs,vaporizers, vape pens, e-hookah and e-cigars. These products produce an aerosolized smoke containing nicotine and flavored liquids that are inhaled by the user. In 2007, the invention hit the commercial market, and it was not long before they were up and running.
7 HEALTH BENEFITS OF VAPE PENS BENEFITS OVER CIGARETTES
1. Inhaling nicotine devoid of the combustion involved in smoking is 95% less damaging than smoking cigarettes, as substantiated by the Royal College of Physicians. The College’s paper authoritatively examined several studies on the subject and resolved that the danger to health from long term usage of vaporizing pens is unlikely to surpass 5% of the harm from smoking nicotine infused cigarettes.
2. Typically, a night out of binge drinking may well give you a hangover from alcohol but it could also give you a cigarette hangover. The latter is when smokers contaminate their bodies with commercially-rolled tobacco, infested with ammonia, pesticide, bleach, and herbicide, and inhale, hold and then exhale many times. Due to the presence of ammonia, nicotine hits the brain within three seconds, and the cigarette smoker’s dopamine levels shoot up rapidly.
However, there is no physical downside of using Vape Pens even when you are mixing lemon with ice to kill your splitting headache.
3. There are about 500 genuine brands and close to 8,000 different flavors of e-liquids available worldwide. Also, this wide diversity of flavors has made vaping particularly appealing to young people. Thus far, there is no concrete evidence as to whether these flavours cause any respiratory effects or damage to the vocal chords when they are inhaled and vaporized.
Therefore, keep on vaping, but always remember to buy products from TPD compliant companies to ensure that your health is just as good as the flavors. If you want an example, just take a look at the UK e juice store www.vaperswarehouse.co.uk who outright state on their about page that they are compliant. If you’re ever unsure about how trustworthy a company is, don’t use them.
4. Collectively, the vast majority of research papers indicate that vape pens have far less potential to cause cancer or respiratory problems. Hence, they are less damaging than traditional smoking devices. However, there are certain device types and user usage patterns which may make them possibly harmful. For instance, some folks like to intensify the heat for more flavour which can leads to more production of carcinogenic, causing potential harm to the respiratory system.
5. Vape pens are engineered to produce an inhalable aerosol, which means that upon taking a puff, the wax/oil/ is inhaled and taken into the lungs. In this regard, a study conducted by Jan Czogala investigated the degree of passive exposure to nicotine and other toxicants from vaporizing devices. The investigation concluded that although vaporizers are a potential source of passive exposure to nicotine, they do not contain the poisonous substances caused by combustion.
Theoretically, an e-cig releases air concentration in the range of 0.82 to 6.23 g/m while the median concentration of nicotine generated by smoking cigarettes was about ten times higher. Moreover, the effect of second-hand exposure to the susceptible population such as the seniors, pregnant women, infants and people with prolonged ailments such as respiratory disorders or heart diseases was shown to be trivial with vaporizing.
6. Comprehensive studies carried out to examine the long-term effects of vaporizers revealed that there is no escalation in the development of microscopic and macroscopic tumors. Furthermore, there is no correlation between nicotine in vaporizing devices and an increase in the destruction of pulmonary cells.
Moreover, users of vaporizers do not suffer from mysterious weight loss compared to those who use traditional smoking methods. This evolution of vaporizers has brought on a healthy substitute for smokers and has enabled smokers to curb the urge without fearing the related adverse effects.
7. Since there is no ignition of tobacco and the exhalations are odorless vapor, vaping does not stick to clothing, hands or hair like cigarette smoke does. Also, there is no rummaging with matches or lighters, which we all know can cause deadly road accidents because you momentarily took your eyes off the road to find the lighter.
Moreover, vape pens are permitted in many places where smoking is prohibited. Additionally, they are the most efficient alternative to nicotine smoking since only 0.2% of British vapers are non-smokers.
As you can see from the above 7 points, vaping offers numerous health benefits when compared to its harmful cigarette counterpart.